Friday, January 7, 2011

Beauty and the Beast


We spend every day remaking the hood version of beauty and the beast
But we're both kinda fly so its more like calamity and the peace.
They say you are the bull in my china shop
But there's no red to mess up your head so instead of charging you just huff a lot...
...and puff a lot.

Staring in my eyes you're calm
But outside distractions always bring the threat of your storm
I tell you to focus and I move slow
People warning me you're wild and untamed like I don't already know...
Like I don't already have a few scars on a few parts of my heart
Every time I think "this is how it ends," you're like "nah, this is how it restarts"
I get it.
And I see clearly how I might soon regret it.
But they don't feel nearly how much we connected
Or how we need barely a kiss to be tempted
So I end it and you mend it and we begin it again
The outside gets smaller and the bond gets stronger between lover and friend
Or am I simply in love with healing?
If so these wounds I'm feeling
Might as well be self inflicted since addiction is the reason I'm not leaving..

No.
I entertained the thought until I felt your heart - that's why I won't go.
I see beyond the mess and the stress to the part of you most don't know
It's the light I love, and while most see darkness to me you always glow

You're no bull; just more concerned with what you could than what you should
And I am not interested in being compared to rows of fragile goods
I am far from delicate in nature or composition
My reactions based not just on facts but on intuition
And my vision
I see far beyond my beauty and your beast
I see past this calamity...and into our peace.

4 comments:

Don said...

Love the prose, love the underlying messages being revealed. Surely we all have encountered instances where others lend advice. In the end, we have to live and even learn from our own experiences.

Truth.

Enjoy yourself, Denise. Keep enjoyinh yourself, I should say.

Neicy Marie said...

Thanks Don...

Reg.E said...

I usually consider myself the one promoting peace... but damn...
"You're no bull- just more concerned with what you could than what you should"
...sounds pretty revealing.

and I hate you for that. Thanks!

Dope work...again Dee Bell.

Neicy Marie said...

lol @ Reg. don't hate me for that! :o) Thanks.

Pages