Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Untitled

The spotlight never made me nervous
But a chic like me always needs a purpose
And after experiencing a season, there was no reason for a lifetime
He's telling me to reconsider but "goodbye" never has a right time
Then I met a guy who immediately recognized the value of my heart
Appraised me from day one as something in need of a better start
He said "I understand why he never wanted to let you go
But I'm glad that decision wasn't in his control
And if you give me half a chance I can be a better man for you"
Then he took my hand and showed me what a man could do
Damn
Too bad I wasn't ready for the blessing I asked for
Too busy looking back at a closed door..
Always wondering if less could have become more.
But looking back is the reason that I lost more....






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHORT & SWEET LET IT GO STR8 THERAPY!!!

Anonymous said...

*le sigh* If anyone feels you, you know I feel u... ~Ur brain twin...

Pages