Saturday, January 17, 2015

2011 Unfinished

I told myself 2011 was going to be a Johnson & Johnson year
What I meant is there were to be "no more tears"
I guess I should have included the hope of "no more fears"
As I think about it, I was really asking for "no more cares"
But I care too much.....fear too much
And I loved beyond his ability to reciprocate that much
That means I loved beyond his means
The result was a bunch of scattered dreams,
Over-grown emotions clothed in apathy: tattered seams.
Would be best to leave but hard to see that really happening
Even with so little left to burn he's still playing with matches
I throw blame: but he never catches it; barely reacts to it
Reason and Rationality cloaked as friends banging on my common sense, but I turn my back to it
...and get back to it.

No comments:

Pages