Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spring


I stare out the window wondering when the snow will melt. When will the skies change from gray to blue and the trees show shades of green welcoming chirping birds and playful squirrels? When will the array of colors rising from the ground inspire smiles again? I'm inpatient for the replacement of this harsh wind with a gentle breeze.

Boy Shorts. Tights. Socks. Pants. Bra. Tank. Sweater. Scarf. Down coat. Uggz. Ugh.
All this weight on my skin, on my spirit, on my eyes. Makes me sleepy and discontent...cranky.

I'm a winter baby with tropical blood; I need the sun.
I NEED the sun.

Bikinis. Bra. Sundress.
Light on my feet and in my heart I soar...the energy of the sun finds me, blinds me, revises my visions, nourishes my spirit.
I need that like white needs black...like skinny needs fat to be defined, one without the other causes the death of meaning in both.
But if I could I'd be forever without the cold and dwell only in the warmth

Then God touches me. Through the cold. Through the gray skies and the droopy eyes he shows me:
Spring is eternal; summer is within. The sun I seek is only a thought away.
Being a slave to external circumstances is to be held captive by invisible chains.
Close my eyes and allow Him to move through me and I can feel that Love only he knows of.
For a moment I'm in that place where sun meets sand meets ocean and the warmth of all three envelope me
"Remember Me," He says...
"Remember This."

I'll try.

1 comment:

Don said...

The sun is most definitely need and appreciated.

Born November 1st. I am a winter baby, as well. LOL.

Pages