Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Didn't I Just Write This?

Somehow I lost my voice in a mess of thoughts
Writers block born from writers remorse -
Fun fantasies make it easy on your eyes
But who would want to know what's really going on inside?
Too personal, too deep. Measured emotions in 140 character tweets.
Hundreds of eyes and my vulnerability meet;
And my strength gets confused with your weak.
So I'll be labeled and judged by the things that I write,
Like I'm a sucker for love and good dick and sleepless nights
And honestly that's not even distorting reality,
But it only speaks to three of my multiple personalities
A bitch, a freak, a sweetheart, a geek
More that you'll only know if you choose to seek
Til then I'm forced to leak
Watch my eyes get puffy and wet
Sunglasses hiding my regret
Tight pussy and a big heart, a gift and a curse
Shoulda given me your best but you showed me your worst
I've dated you too many times but you go by different names
And the lies and the promises are always the same
There's nothing special about the way you break my heart
Nothing unique about the way you tried to tear me apart
Nothing new about the subject of this poetry and prose
You're just another side of the same coin like a dream I wrote
Predicable as the cycle of the moon or clockwork;
And I admit I'd hoped you'd prove me wrong
But you're incapable of anything more than slight work
And thus here's the ending of our love song.

*Curtains*








No comments:

Pages