Friday, January 29, 2010

Two Sides of the Same Coin

Flip
Flip
Flip

Heads I leave him cold no hello no goodbye no long kiss goodnight
Air and memories are the only things left of me
No touch of the skin no final caress no sounds of my voice
No beating of any dead horse

Flip
Flip
Flip

Tails I give him one final taste and lace it with love let it drip from my tongue
Warm kisses he'll miss and remember through distance and time
One last reason to sweat and purr and crave
One last moment of divine

Flip
Flip
Flip

Heads he doesn't deserve this gift; shouldn't submerge so quick
Into familiar pools of warm glory invaded by his untold story
You feed the needy; the greedy should be starved


Flip
Flip
Flip

Tails I deserve this fix; I reserve this right to mix up my emotions with my chemical needs
After all never will it be as honest an experience as the day after the lies
Everything out in the open; exposed; vulnerable.
Raw and real; take this me and feel
Feel
Feel

Flip
Should I
Flip
Use My
Flip
Head
Flip
Or
Flip
Tail?

5 comments:

Lyrically speaking said...

nice piece...loving your poems here, great inspiration

Neicy Marie said...

Wow thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

this poem is fuckin wicked!! you are really talented!

Neicy Marie said...

aww thanx! don't be anonymous tho! :-)

Don said...

Superb word play, Neicy.

I couldn't do anything but smile as I read.

Pages