Monday, August 16, 2010

Don't ask me...(Unthinkable)



Can't call this unthinkable....

Not after the way we played with the idea
Set those words free into the night air
Whispering "what ifs" through laughing lips
The whole time blaming it on 80 proof sips
Not usually one for mid day flights but for you I'll board that paper plane
Put fire to fuel and at this height their "crazy" becomes our "sane"
We're just toying with a notion; should that really start a commotion?
Females hate the voice he loves like I've taken the 9th love potion...

But I won't call this unthinkable...

Truth be told,
We probably thought about it long before we knew the story would unfold.
Deep into the innocence of our friendship there lay a dormant seed
Hiding behind playful smiles was a want just waiting to become a need
Check the calendar again because the weather's warm and the month is long
But I'm feeling like February 14th has found me whenever I hear this song
Or should I say these songs since it seems we've created a soundtrack
It's this sound that saves our story whenever I think I should turn back.

Not that this is unthinkable...

It just seemed highly unlikely
That "want me" would morph into a version of "like me"
I'll end that thought before the verb becomes a double for a noun
Another four letter word often lost before it's found
So don't ask me because I'm not ready to be ready
I may be eager to be happy but I'm cool with slow and steady
Besides, I already find pleasure every time we're alone
You've already given me back that smile I forgot I owned

So the possibility of finding what I need inside your heart
Isn't unthinkable at all, it just deserves a lot more thought.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I may be eager to be happy but I'm cool with slow and steady" looove that line!

NikWes said...

This reads like a song I can hear you singing...*hint hint*

Pages