Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Love the Way You Lie




Funny how there's no rewind in life but you can always play it back
And the things you most adamantly oppose you inevitably attract
Groundhog day; repeating the same lines 10 times
I know this argument so well I can recite it with closed eyes
Your kissing words are missing verbs; can't prove it without action
The possibility of more fabricates a frustrated satisfaction
Like the 10th stroke when I feel the sensation magnify between my thighs
Keep moving through the pain hoping to throb until I sigh
But this isn't a physical manifestation of a lust filled need
This is my heart; and you keep breaking it but you've never seen me bleed
So of course you don't believe.
You don't understand the realm beyond what you can see.

I do. I understand it more than the tangible truth
You can't see music but there's something magical that happens in a booth
I can't see God but I fear Him more than what I witness each day
You can't see love, so the concept is just something you use to play?

Now the possibility of less than me has caught you by surprise
You thought I'd be that girl who stays around and loves the way you lie...


...and maybe I will.

Because if you lie the same way you love I'm in for something of a thrill...

1 comment:

HausofRae said...

Love it as always. Right on, girlie

Pages