Thursday, October 28, 2010

Balance

He makes me happy when I'm mad, tho he's the source of my woe
But the balance is amazing like Kanye's girls on their toes
And I could run away but really just how far could I go?
I take two steps and he yells out "but I'm a part of your soul"
I turn around, meet his gaze and defiantly yell back "so?"
His smiling response is "I just like telling you what you already know"
I would hit him but it's pointless 'cause he's used to pain
I would cry but he's immune because he's used to the rain
So I laugh and disarm him with my ability to stay sane
(This is no easy task when you're playing his game)
The reality of it is, I'm a woman he would love to love
And he's a man I would love to give all the above
But we're just too busy with other versions of ourselves
That we manage to forget to feel what we felt...
Does that make sense? It's like we're planning to someday be in love
But I'm busy from today until the fourth of next month
And he's got that thing he's gotta do with those people from before
So we're back to having one foot in and one foot out of the door
I tell him what I need and he tells me what he's able to give
I tell him how I see, he tells me how he's able to live
And I'm able to forgive, but he's impossible to forget
The frustration powerful but short lived and so is the regret
Before you know it we're back to making each other laugh
And that thing that made me cry is just a part of our past
Just a part of our story
Just a part of our song
The melancholy melody I sing when I'm alone
Which is more often than you'd think with all this poetry I write
But I don't need quantity when the quality of passion is right
Which is funny because honestly I'm not even his type
Over-thick, over-confident, and OVER being contrite
And I'm not into all this drama over being his wife
Like the chics that's into fighting just to be in his life
But I digress, all I'm saying is he's amazing to know
And if the highs don't outweigh, they at least equal the lows
I hope I always have his kind of energy beside me
Even if its in the soul of a different love that finds me
Being "with" him has proven that life has yet to define me
And the hurt I've felt from before is definitely behind me
Otherwise I wouldn't be able to feel the way I feel
Or give so much of myself even when there's nothing to receive
I'd be too scared of getting hurt to let in this kind of uncertainty
Focus only on who he was instead of encouraging who he can be
And maybe he can't be, maybe there's no such thing as change
Maybe me throwing caution to the wind is kind of strange
But he makes me feel the blood moving from my heart to my thighs
And for now that's worth every single low on the way to every single high.

No comments:

Pages