Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Say No To Drugs

He's so bad for me...
My own personal sin
But I always give in.

He's never shy, his kiss says everything
Slow and deep he's giving me everything
Taking the time to touch me beyond my skin
Saying the things lovers whisper when lights go dim
But he leaves those intentions with me when he goes
Because it's something like an impossibility; summer and snow
Or rather it's a feeling he practices giving like a dress rehearsal
And the minute that he's gone it's a total reversal

But I'm addicted, and I wanna stay off the wagon
I'll take the drug through overdoses of injections and passion
Then it wraps me in its false sense of security through the night
The high fades when hes out of my sight.

He's a dangerous combination of right and wrong
Like discovering your most hated artist made your favorite song
You love the track so you just keep singing along
And try to ignore the feeling telling you the two don't belong...

Together.
But you can't ignore the weather.
You can say it's sunny when it's raining;
But you'll only end up wetter...

So even if I screamed I didn't care that he's not mine
Or If I say he's just something that I'm doing to pass the time
There's a very good chance I'm gonna cross that line
And end up wishing I could press delete after pressing rewind....

Because...

He's so bad for me.
My own personal sin...
And even if I hesitate...

I always give in.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Don said...

Hmph.

I don't know Niecy ... it sounds like one of those good problems to me.

Intoxicating prose, as usual.

Exactly what I needed today.

Pages