Friday, April 15, 2011

This won't be easy

This won't be an easy road.
I won't always be warm, some days will feel cold.
Sometimes the rain will seem unending and the clouds will seem static
The smile I dawn when you walk in a room won't always be automatic
You'll start to wonder if I'm still in love with you
Or has the time and the pain altered my view
But you can relax, love, you're a part of my song
You're the melody in my heart that will always belong
Sometimes I'll sing it off key or forget a few words
But it will always be the track my soul prefers
You may need to hold me up when I'm feeling weak
Or find the meaning in my actions when I fail to speak
But I promise to do the same through the laughter and tears
And you'll never have to wonder if anyone cares
I'll always be here.

Tweet said she doesn't care if she and him stay together
'Cause that's the part that never lasts forever
So even if tomorrow we find there's new experiences to be had
And the touch I crave is no longer from your hand
My love is unconditional; I will always feel you
And if you need me the concern I show will be real too

Right now we're somewhere between hello and see you soon
We can't tell if the 12 means midnight or noon
The waiting is cruel, so the patience is crucial
Don't pump your breaks or speed up; let's just float into neutral

Pages