Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reader Inspired Series: Love deferred.

I'm now taking writing requests, here's my first posting not inspired by my own life but from the words of a friend.

I know it's wrong to hold you accountable for his mistakes
But there's not much more heartache I can take
And my heart breaks before the lie is even told
Maybe I could forgive if it was just one betrayal but this story is old
The faces change but the lie is always the same
It's this cycle in my reality that's pushing me towards insane
You get closer and I push you away
Not because I want to, but because I'm safer this way
See there's no magic pill to take away that kind of pain
You gotta avoid the cause: game's played in love's name.
Some may define my actions as bitter and scorned,
But I'm just trying to keep safe what has already been torn
Damaged, mishandled, mistreated and abused
I'd rather keep you at this distance than to be one more time bruised
I'm not strong enough to handle the battle that comes from deceit
And I'm not willing to fight; nah I'd rather retreat
I'd rather build this wall between myself and the hope I have for you
Because I don't know if I can survive what disappointment puts me through
You look like the kind of man I could spend my life in love with
But you also look like the kind of man who could take my love and vanish
I'm sorry;

The possibility of love is outweighed
By the probability of pain
But if someday I should be willing to fall
I'll make sure that it's you I call.

3 comments:

AliciaDanielleKB said...

You're amazingly talented & awe inspiring. I'm sure you took your subject's story & made it come to life for readers such as I. Good job NeicyMarieNiecy lol

Nelly living with type 1 diabetes said...

this is more soothing to me than any Sade song being bitter is not a good thing im inspired by this to change my ways thank you Neicy :)

Unknown said...

So talented... I love this...

Pages