Thursday, March 11, 2010

Story ending.

I dance close to a Jamaican with rhythm like mine,
Let the vibes that we're feeling clutter my mind
Foreign fingers move over a familiar place
Find the dips and valleys you used to trace
I close my eyes let the music lead my escape
For a moment I no longer feel the bundle of hate
I let go, let my hips roll, let his hands be in control
I sway against him and I can feel his energy start to grow..
And I know he knows I know...
But I can't help it if my curves beckon thoughts of intimacy
Should I deny myself this feeling b/c he's really feeling me?
I mean he's really feeling me, and to my surprise I kind of like it
First I hesitated then I thought, "girl why you even fighting it?"
You didn't fight it when you told her the words you said belonged to me
And I bet you didn't fight lying when she asked "who is she"
But you can't lie to me...wait, not again with this vent
I won't let thoughts of you ruin how I feel about his scent
Because now he's holding me around my waist
And I'm buried in his neck-such an intimate embrace
I barely know this person but I know his place
He's not a lifetime or a season but he is damn sure a reason
Because now when I see you I no longer get butterflies
Those wings got clipped or maybe the energy died
Or they're stuck in a tangled web of hurtful lies
Or moved on to the same song over a different beat
So I don't protest when he tells me that I taste so sweet
But don't worry; I won't let him play for keeps.
He won't even get the chance to really know me or adore me.
Because he's not a new beginning but the ending to your story

Pages