Thursday, March 18, 2010

Your song (unfinished I think)

I can't get your song out of my head
I keep humming your memory subconsciously conjuring your energy to me
Peaceful in those moments I remember your melody and intricate harmonies
They blend in with my thoughts; create a soundtrack to my day
Sounds something like love, something like pain, something like anger, something like praise
Deep lows that resonate long after the note is played, that stay with me while the higher tones dance lightly through that space
Takes me back to that place, the one where we were in grace
And the rhythm matches my beating heart's pace
Your song is long. It has a beginning, a middle, but the ending seeks change
It always comes to me like a song I wrote
Only each time the writing has a different hope:
Continuity vs. Change, Freedom vs. Chains, Love vs. Escape.

1 comment:

Don said...

Ah, the words to one's song.

I feel you.

Pages