Tuesday, December 15, 2009

#1 of 30 (Twoetry)

I open my mind through this keyboard and out tumbles the raw, it
Seeps through the background noise 'til it finds its target
Often unconvinced of my own sincerity I chirp - sorry- tweet
Until someone finds their own truth through my words and adds an "RT"
I guess that validates me
Other times I close my hand over this mouse and click my way through
I find verses in conversations that should really be between two
Yet my eyes, your eyes, and the eyes of the intended
Flow greedily over their truth and find ways to bend it
Like Bekham
Or like some mechanical dummy
I transform these words into melodies
Hum them, chant them, recant them for fiends
We add a pound to a phrase and patent our genius
And all this feeds us
All day long
Guess following these @s is like following a song
Only way to find creativity since Internet killed the radio star
Oops! Sorry, Video killed the radio star...
So what's responsible for the death of song in our hearts?
I guess it's been too long since we loved that hard
And the absence of it's presence made our minds go wander
Like this poetry it's searching for a meaning, but it's under-
Cooked, under-fed, under-read, under-nourished
Fuck it. By #30 I'll be ready, and I'll flourish.

1 comment:

Don said...

tight. already setting the stage with your forecast of poetic ability yet to come.

Pages