Wednesday, December 30, 2009

#8 To This Day

To this day I say, "Welcome."
"Be free beyond your yesterday and suffer not from future consequences.
I hold you dear as a gift; as a collection of my past and a prequel to my tomorrows.
What clues will I spy on this eve to give me glimpses into next week's scenes?
And should I cry today, pray forgiveness in my moment of shallow self doubt.
After all that's really what crying is about."

To this day I say, "Thank you."
"With your ocean breezes and warm sun I don't deserve you but I'll take you.
I'll sift the sand between my fingers and feel the earths perfect balance
I'll let you surround my body with this spirit of completeness
I'll sit silent and let the waves sing freely, never interrupting the constant song
Or maybe I'll silently sing along."

To this day I say, "Goodbye love."
I won't be saddened by the end
I'll surrender to the blanket of night and take the darkness to be necessary for the coming light
Pray faithfully for the coming of the dawn, or the coming of His arms.
Perhaps they are the same thing, in which case I say,
"Welcome."

No comments:

Pages