Thursday, December 17, 2009

#3 of 30 How Dare I?

How dare I want what I want and expect to get?
Who am I to demand I be treated with respect?
How preposterous for me to give all that I am
And expect the same treatment from that man who's my man!?
Absurd for me to think that I should be treated
Like a Queen, like a woman who's special and needed
I should take what he gives and be gracious for all
"Oh thank you for this once a week 2 minute phone call!"
I should take what he writes me as all that I need
Why should he prove it with actions and deeds?
I should be happy, I have my own lap to ride
Fuck my desires, my conscious, my pride
I'll just smile and choke back my feelings of contempt
Why cry? In the end I will always accept
Arguing is futile, and ungragetful, and cruel
It only gives the pain such unneeded fuel
That fire burns brightly, can't you feel its heat?
So I'll throw in the towel, accept defeat.
Love, you jerk, being stronger than all
Now impossible to stand after that awful fall

But....maybe if I kiss him the way that he likes
And make him feel special and needed and desired
He'll give me the basics of what I hold sublime
Like patience, understanding, his presence, his time.
Sad really all I desire is to make him feel good and smile
And to have this reciprocated without me asking 10 times.
I want to submit to this man that I adore,
But I'm not here to carry out his menial chores...
At least not as chores, but as labors of choice
And without me having to give up or lose my voice
I'm proud of my strength, my beauty, my class
I will NOT be reduced to a maid and a peice of ass.
I WILL clean his house, make his dinner, raise his children
But not if these needs in my heart remains missing.

No comments:

Pages