Friday, December 18, 2009

#4 of 30 Maybe...

When he looks at me, touches me, engages me,
I think maybe
Maybe I could be beautiful
Maybe I could shine bright
Maybe I could dwell in something other than night

I'll be patient of course, and we'll see in time
If fast forward looks the same as rewind
Will his touch still cause my skin to excite
His words cause my broken heart to unite?
Can we make our dreams more like reality
Or is that love fiction; fantasy
Will he be able to touch me from my soul
Better yet will I be able to relinquish control
Believe that the words he speaks he means
Quiet my instincts deafening scream
Instincts born of pain and hurt
Where second chances meant twice burnt
Transcend our pasts and the drama that pollutes
Breathe in clarity and exhale truth
How refreshing it would be to fill my air
With love, with passion, with him, with care
And remove the hesitancy brought by fear

I'll give him all the warmth I possess
And with this heat my want will transgress
Boil over into the need that fuels our motion
Feeds my soul, that's his potion
That's his magic without the tricks
The real deal (I'm hoping) signed with a kiss
I'm hoping to get this
(And this kiss)
I'm hoping to feel this
(With this kiss)
I'm hoping to keep this
(Don't stop this)

No comments:

Pages