Wednesday, December 23, 2009

#6 of 30 Sometimes

Sometimes I fantasize about jumping on the tracks
Not because I wanna die, I just really wanna fly
Separate my essence from the cage its housed
My soul is trapped by the desires of my body and
I wonder if I'd recognize my spirit without the flesh

Sometimes I think you of you when I'm staring at a stranger
I try to picture your thoughts in their head and
I wonder if I could love them instead
Or does it matter that I'm me and you're you
is that the only way for the message to come through?

Sometimes I cry when I'm happy and laugh when I'm sad
I dance when I'm miserable and stand completely still in contentment.

Sometimes I listen to your silence and try to understand
The rhythm between your sounds
I imagine how I'd dance to you if you were a song
It would probably be more like a choreographed stage production
Than a two step and a clap to the beat.
I guess, more or less...

Sometimes I picture you in 20 years
This version of the man you'd be
I wonder how you'd celebrate your anniversaries
How many new people call you "Dad" or maybe even "Pops" or "Grandpa"
Do you always have a dollar for the little one?
Is there love in your heart or unfulfilled dreams?
And does this new you include a new me?

Sometimes I dream.

2 comments:

CraigJC said...

I love your posts. Keep writing, you've got something.

http://www.popwife.com/

Neicy Marie said...

Wow thank you, that means a lot.

Pages